Employee Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator
Bellingen Based Role
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in your local council and community?
We are looking for an experienced Employee Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator to join our hardworking team!
Bellingen Shire is located on the Mid North Coast of NSW halfway between Sydney and Brisbane and just 20 minutes south of Coffs Harbour.
About the Role
This role provides professional advice, coaching, and support through a partnership approach with management and employees. This position will be responsible for implementing and managing the overarching safety management system within Council ensuring consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders and staff. In addition, the management and return to work of injured workers, and employee health and wellbeing will form an integral part of this role.
Ideally, you will have:
- Diploma (or higher) qualification in a relevant discipline such as work health and safety or health science
- A minimum of 4 years' prior experience in a safety role
- Experience in interpreting and implementing the requirements outlined in the WHS Act and Regulation and the Workers Compensation and Injury Management Act
- Accredited Return to Work Coordinator
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Workplace Health and Safety & EEO
- Strong influencing and coaching skills including demonstrated grievance resolution, counselling, and mediation skills
Benefits for you:
35 Hour working week - with options of flexible working arrangements and RDO's
Generous Salary up to $81k per annum depending on experience.
Smaller size council with approx. 150 staff in varying fields including infrastructure, water, office, waste as well as community and volunteers, amongst others.
Annual pay for this role will be between $71,671 to $81,703 depending on experience.
If you are looking for a new long-term role this year within a collaborative team, then we would love to hear from you!
Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
Applications close 6 pm Sunday 14th June 2020.
Due to Covid-19 the recruitment process for this position was previously suspended. it has now resumed and we encourage previous applicants to re-apply.