Human Resources Specialist
Bellingen Shire Council (BSC) has an ongoing focus on service excellence for our community which has progressively transformed our organisation. As part of our focus on great practice and continuous improvement, Council has commenced on a journey of digital transformation and service evaluation and as a consequence, a number of exciting positions have become available. We are looking for people that are comfortable with change and would like to be a part of the changing face of BSC. If you are looking for a position that offers work-life balance opportunities, career development and a work location that sits amongst the trees but still close to the river and stunning beaches then look no further!
The Human Resources Specialist is an integral role and sits within the Organisational Strategy and Communications team. The role is responsible for contributing to the strategic design of Council's people and capability framework to ensure that Council has the capacity to deliver on the Community Vision and Operational plans. Sound human resource management, organisational development or similar experience at a senior level in service-based organisations along with a sound understanding of employment law and Industrial Awards will be required.
What We Are Offering:
- Salary up to $95,124.00 per annum depending on skills & experience.
- 9.5% super and your choice of fund
- 19 day month
- Relocation assistance
This is a specialist role. The requirements for this role are outlined in the position description & include:
- Contribute to the strategic design of the human resource function
- Support and enhance each element of the people life cycle to deliver on people strategy and Council's business objectives.
- Support Council's people managers to ensure they develop their people, resolve operational issues and encourage a high performing culture amongst their teams
- Provide strategic HR and IR advice to the Senior Management team
- Manage and influence the Human Resources unit to ensure the effective delivery of human resource programs including learning and development opportunities.
More details on the responsibilities and the selection criteria for this role are set out in the Position Description, which can be downloaded by clicking on Download PD.
Enquiries: Todd Williams on 02 6655 7300.
Candidates are required to attach a cover letter to their application, addressing the ‘Essential Requirements' criteria listed in the Position Description.
About the Bellingen Shire:
The Bellingen Shire has three distinct geographical areas - ocean, river, and mountains incorporating the communities of Mylestom, Repton, and Urunga on the coast, Bellingen nestled in the river valley, and Dorrigo on the plateau. Each is a vibrant and rich community with its own characteristics. Bellingen Shire has an abundance of natural assets that combined with our cultural attractions have created a thriving tourism industry. Numerous festivals, ranging from jazz, classical and world music, to environmental, food and wine events, attract distinct audiences, enhancing the social and economic fabric of the region.